I am currently finishing the Joeli Kelly Learn to Tech Edit Masterclass and I am also on my way to obtain the TKGA Certificate for Tech Editors.
I have a lot of experience in editing and working with spreadsheets.
I am open to working with new designers on very favorable conditions, as I am still at the learning stage. If you are a new designer and don’t yet have an editor, or don’t know what working with one is like, write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try to help.
I edit patterns for accessories and shawls (including lace shawls).
I do not edit garment patterns.
I can help you prepare a stylesheet.
I can make charts for you, using Stitchmastery.
I do not draw schematics.
The scope of editing will be agreed upon in writing.
– checking punctuation, grammar, vocabulary, style
– calculating stitch count throughout the pattern,
– comparing charts with written instruction
– comparing pattern instruction with pattern photo
– checking size against gauge and CO
– compliance with CYC standards
– abbreviations used and their accuracy/consistency
– consistency with the provided stylesheet
– checking if all necessary information is included
Contact me for more information on terms and conditions of the service.
GDPR notice: by e-mailing me, you will be submitting your personal information. Your e-mail will be used to present you with an offer for editing a pattern. You will not receive any other e-mails from me. Your e-mail address will only be stored if you decide to work with me on your pattern. Otherwise, it will be deleted. You will have the right to request your information to be deleted, edited and corrected.